Click to Apply: IT Support Technician (ESTEC)
About the job
Please note, the successful candidate will be employed by ATG Europe and not by ESA.
The successful candidate will be tasked with, but not limited to:
- Provide first and second line support (on location and/or remotely) mainly for Windows devices and, on occasion, Apple Devices;
- Evaluate, categorize, and log users’ requests, and pro-actively follow up these requests to ensure timely resolution of the delivery and deployment of new workstations (PCs / laptops) as well as maintenance and replacement of existing workstations and other systems such as mobile devices and printers;
- Maintain, update, and integrate Knowledge Base DB, procedures and working instructions;
- Assist and advise the user community in the technical and functional use of the Client’s Corporate services and applications;
- Perform inventory/asset management and reporting;
- Communicate with end-users users on call status, installations, relocations, and recovery of equipment;
- Perform any other tasks necessary.
- Vocational training in Information Technology or similar subject;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a similar subject is a strong asset;
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in providing support to Windows OS based client devices (Windows 7, Windows and Mac OS based client devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc.);
- Experience with reporting on, configuring and troubleshooting of networks, local printing facilities, mobile phones and smartphones;
- Experience with specific corporate applications such as Lotus Notes, Webex, etc.;
- Experience with first line networking (LAN, WiFi);
- Exposure to approved client applications (i.e., SAP, Adobe, MS Office, Encryption tools, etc.);
- Experience in O365 is a strong asset;
- Work experience in an international environment is an asset;
- Knowledge of IBM notes client platform is a strong asset;
- Proactive and customer-focused mind-set with a courteous and respectful approach is a must;
- Excellent communicator with friendly attitude and active listening skills;
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and empathetic person with willingness to collaborate with others on different tasks and also occasionally work outside of regular working hours to respond to operational needs;
- Able to work both autonomously and in a team;
- Logical thinking, desire to learn and continuously develop;
- Must be eligible to work in the EU;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken);
- Fluency in Dutch is an asset.
About the company
ATG Europe has three main core competencies:
ATG Talent Acquisition Team: Dedicated talent acquisition team delivering highly skilled personnel to the European Space, Big Science and IT sector. We are a proven and reliable resourcing partner with a unique network of technical specialists and talent pools. Our service portfolio includes flexible solutions as contract staffing and contract-to-hire.
ATG Spacelabs: Supported by the knowledge of over a 100 engineers and using the highest quality standards, we take on the responsibility of designing whole satellite mechanical and thermal subsystems, from the early stages of system level conceptual design, up to and including full qualification and certification of the product.
ATG Medialab: Visualization studio specialized in providing high-end 3D computer graphics visualizations and illustrations. With over 15 years of experience in the field of scientific and technological visualization, ATG Medialab has gained a high reputation in the computer graphic industry.