Apply As A Senior Engineer, Data Centre M & E at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Of
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Data Centre M & E
- Manage and oversee the Data Centre power and cooling infrastructure, space/power allocation and equipment (DGs, UPS, HVAC, rectifiers and power controls).
- Supervise and maintain power and cooling equipment at Data Centre, IT rooms and all other equipment: (AC/DC system, Fire suppression system, HVAC and other passive infrastructure)
- Implement all preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Monitor all power and cooling consumption and capacity utilization
- Coordinate new installations in the Data Centre according to power budget and design specification.
- Ensure Data Centre power and floor space is optimised and manage BMS at the Data Centre
- Update technical documentation, drawings and operational logs pertaining to equipment and maintenance activities.
- Monitor diesel levels/ consumption and ensure refills as and when necessary.
- Monitor utility power utilization and accurate records of all M and E equipment in the Data Centre.
- Liaise with maintenance contractors and vendors, and prepare monthly reports on their activities for manager, M & E Data Centre’s attention.
- Conduct and supervise and record, hourly and daily routine/physical inspection of all network element/nodes to ascertain their functionality at the DC/MGW
- Conduct end to end AC & DC power backup fall back test for network resilience
- Identify SPOF and communicate to your line manager for immediate attention and resolution
- Carry out routine audit and facilitate risk assessment of DC, MGW and BSC sites.
- Advise Manager, M& E Data Centre on cost saving initiatives in the DC environment
- Perform other duties a directed by Manager, M & E Data Centre
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of four (4) years post NYSC relevant work experience
- Electrical and Mechanical Systems Maintenance & Repair
- Electrical and Mechanical system planning & dimensioning
- Power and Network Equipment Installation & Audit
- Environmental monitoring system
- Vendor management
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
Don’t Keep! Kindly Share: