Apply As A Software Engineer – Part-Time, Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) (Remote) – $30,000/year USD
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech). Have you got what it takes?You’re the world’s best Java programmer. If you could be cloned, the world would be a better place! Well, here’s your chance. Teach a new generation of developers world-class skills – without giving up your day job.Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) is looking for part-time Java professionals to teach in an immersive, live, online classroom.
You will set your schedule, choosing the weekly classes that work for your life. You will teach 5-10 hours of live classes per week and spend :10 hours on preparation, curriculum development, and one-on-one student coaching.You will impart the technical and soft skills that made your career successful. BloomTech is committed to the success of our students, to the extent that they don’t pay tuition until they secure a job.
This unparalleled commitment to employability requires the best instructors to prepare them.BloomTech is committed to building a diverse team of staff and instructors where everyone feels seen, heard, and valued. Therefore, we welcome a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities we serve.If you’re passionate about Java and ready to share your top-notch skills, apply today!What You Will Be Doing
- Teaching daily live code-alongs via Zoom, explaining complex concepts simply, using real-life examples, exercises, and storytelling
- Providing learner support, encouraging struggling learners, and challenging those who are excelling
- Providing curriculum feedback and reporting learner progress
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Managing other instructors or teaching assistants
- Merely tutoring students – your professional expertise forms the foundation of teaching the technical skills required for success in the real world.
- Traveling for conferences, meetings, or trainings. We are a 100% remote team.
Software Engineer Key ResponsibilitiesPass on your technical expertise and soft skills to give Java developers the foundation to start new careers.Basic Requirements
- Demonstrable understanding of Java: Java Version 11, Gradle, TestNG, AWS DynamoDB
- One of the following:
- College degree plus 3+ years of professional experience
- High school degree plus 5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts clearly and simply to beginners
- Available to teach between 5 – 11 pm US Eastern time (weekdays) or 1 – 8 pm US Eastern time (weekends)
- Strong internet connection – at least 6 Mpbs upload speed
- Mentoring or teaching experience
About Bloom Institute Of Technology (BloomTech)Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) is pioneering a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We offer an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career.
Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. BloomTech welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve.There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more.
We look forward to meeting you!Working with CrossoverThis is a part-time (20 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $30 USD/hour, which equates to $30,000 USD/year assuming 20 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4693-NG-Lagos-SoftwareEngine.006